Shashi Shekhar’s research is centered on database management and data mining, focusing on the unique needs of the application domains of geographic information systems and spatial databases, including transportation, ecology, and climatology.
Transportation research at the University of Minnesota covers the spectrum from basic to applied research, drawing on the many transportation-related disciplines within the University. The Center actively supports the formation of multidisciplinary research teams.
Recently published research reports
- Improve Traffic Volume Estimates from MnDOT's Regional Traffic Management Center
- Expanding the Success of Salt-Tolerant Roadside Turfgrasses through Innovation and Education
- Expanding Landowner Adoption of Snow Control Measures Through a Better Understanding of Landowner Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices
Meet a Researcher
Key research partners
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation