Education & Engagement Council
This council looks at ways to strengthen transportation education and technology transfer programs for practitioners and students from multiple disciplines, and provides advice on ongoing and special information and outreach activities to facilitate implementation of research results.
Non-University representatives join faculty and research staff from various disciplines.
Activities of the Education and Engagement Council include:
- Strengthen transportation education and technology transfer programs.
- Provide advice on outreach activities to facilitate research result implementation.
- Participate on review committees for the Matthew J. Huber and John S. Adams student awards and the Research Partnership Award.
- Assist in planning the annual CTS Research Conference.
The Council meets two-three times per year.
Council members are appointed by the CTS director on behalf of the CTS Executive Committee, following nomination by the council chair. Approximately one-third of council members are University faculty or staff. Non-University members include a balance of business, government, and other interests.
A membership rotation occurs every three years. Though members may serve more than one consecutive three-year term, an effort is made to rotate approximately one-third of council membership during a rotation year. In addition to members, “friends” of councils also participate in council activities. New members will often be drawn from friends who are active within councils.
How do I become involved?
- Chair: Steve Gentry — Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Vice-Chair: Sheila Hatchell — MnDOT
- Amber Cameron — Office of Public Engagement, University of Minnesota
- Beth Engum — Ramsey County Public Works
- Shannon Fiecke — MnDOT
- Dale Grove — Stantec
- Ann Johnson — Professional Engineering Services, Ltd.
- Mary Karlsson — Kimley-Horn Associates, Inc.
- Alireza Khani — University of Minnesota Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering Department
- Kelsi Klaers — University of Minnesota College of Science and Engineering
- Chen-Fu Liao — Minnesota Traffic Observatory, University of Minnesota
- Samantha Markman — SRF Consulting, Inc.
- Mike Marti — SRF Consulting, Inc.
- Joy Miciano — ZAN Associates
- Karen Neinstadt — MnDOT
- Anna Potter — Kimley-Horn Associates, Inc.
- Kathy Quick — Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
- John Rodeberg — SEH, Inc.