This council focuses primarily on pavement and bridge research. Topics include materials, pavement performance, bridge design and maintenance, innovative construction and contracting, deicing and corrosion, and water impacts.
Non-University representatives join faculty and research staff from the Departments of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, and Soil, Water, and Climate; Natural Resources Research Institute, University of Minnesota Duluth; and other disciplines.
Activities of the Council include:
- Provide advice during research project activities.
- Identify and advance emerging research needs and opportunities.
- Participate in seminars and other mechanisms to disseminate research results.
- Assist in planning the annual CTS Research Conference.
The Council meets a minimum of three times per year; fall and winter meetings are generally held in conjunction with research seminars.
Council members are appointed by the CTS director on behalf of the CTS Executive Committee, following nomination by the council chair. Approximately one-third of council members are University faculty or staff. Non-University members include a balance of business, government, and other interests.
A membership rotation occurs every three years. Though members may serve more than one consecutive three-year term, an effort is made to rotate approximately one-third of council membership during a rotation year. In addition to members, “friends” of councils also participate in council activities. New members will often be drawn from friends who are active within councils.
How do I become involved?
If you are interested in becoming a friend of one or more of the councils, please contact Kaydee Kirk, CTS program coordinator, at 612-626-5854 or email@example.com, or return the Council interest form (488KB PDF).
- Chair: Cathy French — Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Vice-Chair: Mark Maloney — City of Shoreview
- Manik Barman — University of Minnesota Duluth
- Brian Brashaw — Natural Resources Research Institute, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Nancy Daubenberger — MnDOT
- Eshan Dave — Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alan Forsberg — Blue Earth County
- Romeo Garcia — Federal Highway Administration
- Bojan Guzina — Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Deb Heiser — City of Roseville
- Maureen Jensen — MnDOT
- Lev Khazanovich — Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Mark Krebsbach — Dakota County
- Joe Labuz — Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Jia-Liang — University of Minnesota
- Lauren Linderman — University of Minnesota
- Mihai Marasteanu — Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Kristi Morter— Hennepin County
- Matt Oman — Braun Interech
- Tom Ravn — MnDOT
- Dave Robley — Douglas County
- Paul Rowecamp — MnDOT
- Arturo Schultz — Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Michael Sheehan — Olmsted County
- Carol Shield — Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Dan Sullivan — MnDOT
- Jill Thomas — Minnesota Asphalt Pavement Assn.
- Tim Worke — Associated General Contractors of Minnesota
- Matthew Zeller — Concrete Paving Association of Minnesota