If you have job opportunities related to the field of transportation, please e-mail your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ads are posted to the CTS website and to the CTS LinkedIn Group within one week of submission. Accuracy of ads is the responsibility of the employer. CTS reserves the right to edit ads for length and format. Ads will remain online for one month or until the application deadline expires, unless CTS is otherwise notified.
Associate Planner - Transportation, Scott County, MN
This position performs a variety of professional duties in the field of planning with emphasis on transportation, transportation studies, and transportation policy for the Scott County Transportation Services Division. This position also provides assistance to others with various planning projects and issues and provides guidance to others as needed on planning related issues. Work is performed in both office and field settings.
- Requires equivalency of a bachelor's degree (graduate degree preferred) in urban planning or directly related field and one year of relevant planning experience in local government or consulting
- Training or experience in ArcGIS, CUBE, social media tools, and website software is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver's license and a reliable means of transportation for the performance of work responsibilities
Apply online on the Scott County website by June 5, 2018.
Senior Planner or Planning Analyst, Metropolitan Council
The Metropolitan Council’s Metropolitan Transportation Services (MTS) Division is accepting applications for a Senior Planner OR Planning Analyst (depending on qualifications) who will support transportation planning in the Minneapolis and St. Paul region through production of quality travel demand forecasts, supporting the development and update of travel demand forecasting models and tools, and through analysis of a variety of transportation data sources.
MTS conducts planning for the regional transportation system that includes highways, transit, aviation, freight, and bicycle and pedestrian connections. The Transportation Planning and Finance Team performs transportation planning for the region under the Council's role as the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization in the region. This work unit develops and implements the region's Transportation Policy Plan, Transportation Improvement Program, and Unified Planning Work Program.
Senior Planner ($70,304 - $99,757 per year)
Required: Bachelor's degree in planning, geography, engineering, statistics, data science, or closely related field AND four years of transportation planning experience. A master's degree in a related field may be considered as two years of related experience.
Highly desired: Experience/ability working with travel demand models, especially activity-based models or models with complex transit components, and demonstrated ability in performing and communicating data analysis and statistical modeling of transportation data.
Planning Analyst ($76,024 - $107,848 per year)
Required: Bachelor's degree in planning, geography, engineering, statistics, data science, or related field AND five years of planning related experience, which must include two years of project management or team lead experience. A master's degree in a related field may be considered as two years related experience.
- Experience/ability working with travel demand models, especially activity-based models or models with complex transit components
- Demonstrated ability in performing and communicating data analysis and statistical modeling of transportation data
- Demonstrated ability in leading/managing projects and completing deliverables within allotted timeframes
Visit the Met Council careers page and search for the Senior Planner or Planning Analyst position. Applications must be submitted by May 30, 2018.