About the Forum
The sixth James L. Oberstar Forum on Transportation Policy and Technology addressed the challenges posed by the nation’s aging infrastructure, especially considering the recent I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis on August 1, 2007. The forum was held October 8, 2007, at the Radisson University Hotel on the east bank campus in Minneapolis.
The public portion of the forum began with Congressman Oberstar's keynote speech, "The Government’s Role in Ensuring a Strong Transportation Infrastructure." Panel discussions with state and national leaders followed.
- Forum Summary
- The Government’s Role in Ensuring a Strong Transportation Infrastructure
By U.S. Rep. James L. Oberstar
- New Directions for Our Transportation Infrastructure
By U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- 2007 Forum Proceedings (566 KB PDF)
A summary report of the 2007 Oberstar Forum
- Factors Affecting the State of Our Transportation Infrastructure (1.1 MB PDF)
Steve Lockwood, Principal Consultant, PB Consult
- C-SPAN coverage of the 2007 Oberstar Forum (54 minutes)
- News Coverage
- Papers and Presentations