Automated vehicle workshop summary report available
A summary report of the Strategic Visioning Workshop for Automated Vehicles in Minnesota, hosted by CTS earlier this year, is now available on our website. The event convened representatives from across the public, private, academic, and nonprofit sectors to define and advance an agenda related to automated vehicles (AVs) in Minnesota.
The report includes highlights from workshop presentations, panel discussions, and small-group visioning sessions. It also describes the following seven key themes that emerged from the event:
- Define the problems we are trying to solve and the challenges we want to avoid with AVs.
- Focus on people-centric planning.
- Create a comprehensive framework for AV demonstration and deployment.
- Foster collaboration and partnerships, including at the regional and national levels.
- Account for AV impacts on transportation funding and full costs of transportation.
- Increase public education and engagement.
- Develop the workforce of the future in Minnesota.
In addition, the report includes 18 strategic action plans drafted by workshop participants in the topic areas of people mobility; freight mobility; traffic operations and safety; and planning, economic development, and the environment.
The workshop was sponsored by CTS, the McKnight Foundation, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Hennepin County, and the Metropolitan Council.