Carissa Slotterback’s research focuses on public involvement and decision-making in environmental, land use, and transportation planning processes. She is specifically interested in issues of impact analysis, plan implementation, and sustainability.
Transportation research at the University of Minnesota covers the spectrum from basic to applied research, drawing on the many transportation-related disciplines within the University. The Center actively supports the formation of multidisciplinary research teams.
Recently published research reports
- A Positioning and Mapping Methodology Using Bluetooth and Smartphone Technologies to Support Situation Awareness and Wayfinding for the Visually Impaired
- Governing Dockless Bike Share: Early Lessons for Nice Ride Minnesota
- Enriched Sensor Data for Enhanced Bridge Weigh-in-Motion (eBWIM) Applications
Meet a Researcher
Key research partners
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation